Thursday, May 21, 2009

Eve of Departure

Gosh, how I missed my blogsite. It's been awhile I lost touch. Our internet line got burned. There's no cable to change it right away. It has to be ordered yet, well everything here crawls, true to the meaning of WAIT - West African International Time.

I kept on checking my notebook for internet connectivity for several days until I finally gave up. The TV was my best friend again.

I joked my colleague to kill the guy who caused the burning of the cable. He's done a great havoc to our social life.

The moment I stopped checking the line got fixed without my knowledge. I was a bit late before I knew it. Thanks anyway -- I'm back to the circle.

I felt a certain kind of longing when I thought of opening my blogspot. I felt a lump in my throat. Is this how I'm so attached to my blogsite? Thanks a lot. I hope this enthusiasm lingers so that I keep on writing.

Tomorrow is my last day on site. But I still have to come to work in the morning. My boss gave me so much task to finish before I can go. He threatened to cancel my leave if I fail to finish. No way...I must go. He's only joking anyway.

I haven't packed my things yet. Later on after I post this. It won't take me long to fill a single carry on luggage.

From the site we are going to be flown by a small plane to Bamako, the capital of Mali. It's terribly scary flying with this "toy" plane. The 1 hour ride is an endless agony.

My stopovers are Paris and Dubai. I must stay away from the duty free shops.

It's "Ciao" for the meantime. Would be back to writing when I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment