Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

We were so busy last week trying to meet deadlines of scheduled jobs. We worked overtime and even our weekend rest was jeopardized. But this did not make me forget to remember my dear mother today. I called home and greeted her, "Happy Mother's Day".

Our conversation did not take long as she was complaining she could not hear me well. Yet, she made it sure that my loving thought for her was reciprocated by saying that she was happy I called her.

Nearing 80 in few months time, Mother is still active. She still tends her plants and do the marketing. But her faculties and reflexes are not as fast as when she was younger. These, we understand when she becomes oblivious of our deprived past. Perhaps her memory bank only allows happy thoughts to be withdrawn and simply keep the unhappy ones into the vault of forgetfulness.

In fairness, she is a religious woman. Never gets tired of attending prayer meetings and never misses mass on Sundays and holidays of obligation. In fact, when I called her this morning she was on her way to the Monastery of the Transfiguration in Malaybalay with my other siblings and in-laws to celebrate mass with the monks. Its a 5-hour drive from home.

As this day is dedicated to all the mothers of the world, I wish them happiness and all the best things in life. And to my beloved mother I wish her more Mother's Day to come, good health, peace as ever, happiness and matriarchal joy.

I am grateful to her for carrying me for 9 months in her womb and delivering me to the world, for bringing me up to who I am now, for understanding my imperfections, for standing by with me in bad and good times and for giving me inspiration to live.....

And most of all for being such a spendthrift...lol...(jokingly but half-true, lol). Ah mothers will always be mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment