Friday, May 15, 2009

My Favorite Songs

In "Any Dream Will Do J?" one of the contenders sang "Had a Bad Day", my favorite. The bulb in the clouded balloon blinked---why not write something about favorite songs? It could be a cool topic.

There are quite a few songs in my list. I'm not updated but I do collect in my thoughts songs that captivate my auditory sense. I'm not keen on lyrics. In fact, I haven't memorized any. It's the tune that makes me fall for it---its "melodic it" that makes me close my eyes in euphoria when I hear it.

I'm poor in naming tunes. I have to rely in somebody else's remebering prowess or search the net for titles.

My choices are not old like my age. It keeps on updating as long as my hearing is still intact.

There's also a story behind each song.


YOUR'E BEAUTIFUL
by James Blunt

I will always remember this song because Julia burnt this in the CD for me. It never fails to remind me of her. I've already cried a thousand rivers over this song.

WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS
by Green Day

Sad song, nice tune... I'm a sentimental person, it captivated my heart the first time I heard it on a movie trailer. It's the only song of Green Day I like.


BUBBLY
by Colbie Caillat

A favorite by accident. I asked Jericho, my nephew for the title of a song which I heard on TV. I tried to sing it to him to give an idea of how it sound but it was an effort gone bad...he gave me this title. He had it played in Imeem to confirm if it was it. I wasn't sure anymore of how it sounded originally but it seemed to me it's it. I liked it. Few months had passed before I found the title of the real song I had been searching.

HAD A BAD DAY
by Daniel Powter

This is the song I have mistaken for as Bubbly. I discovered the title myself when I heard it again. This is the song I heard on "Any Dream Will Do J?".


TOO LATE TO APOLOGIZE
by Timbaland

My first encounter with this song was when my friends mobile phone rang. It's his ringtone. It's a pity I couldn't ask him to pass it on to me--- my phone does not have a polyphonic feature. The next time I heard it was after 7 months. I tried to grasp every word I can remember in the lyric line and searched in Youtube. My latest add.




"Our choice of music reflects our personality, but not how humane we are".








2 comments:

  1. I have a lot of favorites - but "Misty" tops the list, before and until now. I don't even know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "look at me, im as helpless as a kitten up a tree...na na na na-na-na..." mao mani siya no? or is there another misty song that i don't know?

    ReplyDelete