Thursday, March 26, 2009

MY FRIENDS

Welcome to my world and know my friends. As a break I will feature friends without mentioning their real identities. I’ll be using nicknames similar sounding to their real names or something that will describe their character. The events are told in satirical style to protect their rights to privacy and to add mystery. C’mon let’s play the guessing game.

Barkadas

Zany – The name sounds cool. I call him this because of his zany character. Our friendship started when we were still in high school. We’re neighbors but not stone throw away. You have to pass a creek before you get to their house. He is a funny guy, a natural comedian. He can easily find a word to describe a person or thing that will make you laugh to death. He’s got a beautiful wife and 2 handsome boys. He hasn’t changed that zany attitude despite the years. This is guy is into photography but his shots have not impressed me (lol…just kidding). He is still a tyro. Just a few more time of practice and he will be ready for his premier exhibit. Some time in his married life he relocated his family in the highlands and put up a computer business.

Bellicose – This friend can be true to his name if provoked. But he is a true blue friend who will never leave you in the dark if you’re in trouble. He will fight and defend for you to death. He can tell funny stories out of ordinary event. He married quite late in life, that’s why his 2 lovely daughters are still toddlers. This guy is eloquent and efficient in English speaking. Also writes well. He is our watchdog in grammar and pronunciation. This guy loves plants and likes to decorate their house. But I guess his attention is already diverted to his daughters. His family is staying in his beloved mama's mansion near the island where the bridge hangs.

Crossbow – He is the least visible among my friends. The last time I saw him was in Bellicose’s wedding. That was centuries ago if Zany married during the prehistoric era. He is intelligent and a wise guy like Mcgyver, athletic and determined to be at the top. I named him crossbow because his legs tell. He’s got beautiful children too. He is still living in the city of golden friendship and I don’t know what’s up with him lately.

I love my friends. I dedicate this memoir to them. I thank them for touching my life.

5 comments:

  1. Job well done. Doing good there sir.
    I really enjoy reading it and how you inspired of doing it. Seem like it become a hobby now. Nothing wrong with that. Did I get Zany correctly? or I'm wrong?. And also "Baked Alaska" is so obvious, don't you think so? How many friends do you have in Alaska. WOW! 5yrs emailing and you finally got to talk the person live?

    Keep on writing and I will keep reading. Good luck my friend, keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh by the way, thanks for sending me the video on how to make the "baked alaska".

    "from your 1st invite person"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: Your guess with Zany was right and so with Baked Alaska. May I call it woman's intuition? Thanks diay for the encouragement. To me this is a fulfillment of my dream. I also encourage you to stay there and keep on reading my blogs. Time will come you will wish to make your own. I'm planning to feature some other soon-to-be-golden-girl friends. I already have one in mind.

    Warning: I did not send you the video. I opened a website that tells about baked alaska and I don't know why it rode with my email. Delete it. It's a spam or spyware?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha! someone just gave you some ideas & thoughts about your "Golden Girls" friends huh! I can' wait to read. Wonder how you going to write about the girls. Do you exactly know their weaknesses, likes & dislikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. grandma of 1: you can sign in with your email and click follow. then you will be featured in my followers. Sige na para madungangan ang tawo sa akong followers.

    Julito
    aka Pal

    ReplyDelete