Thursday, March 26, 2009

How It Came About

First I would like to thank the person who made me push to create my own and first blogspot. They didn't push me actually, it is their blogs that inspired me to make my own. Ever since I have wanted to come up something like this. Some sort of a trove for my journals. My break came when I was invited to view the blog site of my former lady boss in Iligan. The invitation came by chance when she was unloading her mail inbox with old mails. Had she deleted my "mildewed" mail without sending me the invitation this site would have been in the limbo still. Since then I was following her blogs and got addicted. Somehow the idea of making one of my own was ever present in mind everytime I open her site. I had comments in some of her blogs where I deemed I fit in, and this built up and boosted my confidence in writing. I still have a lot to learn and improve in this skill. Yet, I decided to continue the launching of this blogspot to spring board this endeavor of mine. MEMOIRS OF AFRICA will cover my experiences in this Dark Continent, past and present. It will also feature friends and family and anything under the sun. I invite you to follow and enjoy reading my silly blogs.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Hey, Hey...Finally.
    You are one person I know who can blog! I just found out -- how come you did not ADVERTISE? Your e-mail add was not "mildewed" uy! - you know sometimes, we cannot tell if people still like to connect with us.
    I really like what you are doing -- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Randomness: I do not know yet how to advertise my blog. I'm still wading my way around here trying to figure out the in and outs of blogging. Unless maybe if you would like to help me how to do it. Yesterday I was full of adrenalin that I never stopped writing until my eyes got tired. This morning when I woke up I began to realize that I was too fast, some blogs I think are distasteful. I should have thought twice before publishing. Beginners are always verbose, so excuse na lang my beinng too wordy. Salamat again diay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julits,
    Maka addict ang blogging. Don't worry about what you are writing about -- we all learn slowly. You should have read my first posts - yikess. Anyway, slowly you will find out what works for you and your personality. My advice -- keep on writing (in drafts), let your drafts percolate a while. After a day or two -- read and edit, then if you fell it is good enough - post. Always keep a lot of drafts -- coz there are really times you don't feel like writing. Also, get a digital camera (I'm sure you have one). More later...

    ReplyDelete