Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend in Solitude

In the four corners of my room I spent another weekend in solitary confinement. There was an invitation to picnic near the dam that I turned down. The heat outside at 49 degrees centigrade was just too excruciating for me to enjoy. Besides, I had an appointment to call home at luchtime.

My day started with breakfast at 5 am. A cup of coffee, bread roll and fried eggs were enough to perk up my energy. No need to carbo load --- physical activity is zilch today.

In the environs of a cluttered desk my notebook lied. Next to the desk is the TV. I spent the day watching TV and at the same time browsed the net. I swicthed channels between National Geographic and MTV only, refraining from watching movies lest I stop net surfing. I read blogs and news and chatted. Read and wrote emails. Took quick naps in between activities whenever my eyes give in to drowsiness. My bed is just a hop away.

I gazed the ceiling and examined my conscience, making peace to myself and the world.

I didn't go to the canteen for lunch. In the room I simmered a cup of noodle soup and savored it with crackers. Supper at 5 pm was quite loaded with carbs, making up the measly lunch that I had.

Another weekend well rested in solitude. The whole experience was revitalizing as well as uplifted the spirit. Just love it.

Ahead will be another week of gruelling work.

2 comments:

  1. kamingaw sad ana uy! But it is never lonely if you enjoyed being with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. emarene:

    it never is lonely and i enjoyed it a lot. anti-social baya ko. i don't know how to overcome it. i love so much privacy in reality, yet, i hate to be anti-social. schizophrenic man siguro ko...simbako lagang!

    ReplyDelete