Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Culprit

Finally I am back on striking keys again. It took me a long time to prompt myself to start. The culprit is the wicked TV in my new room. I call it wicked because the temptation to switch it on is just irresistible like a cold drink on a hot summer day. And once the remote control is already on my hold I can't stop anymore from hopping channels until I finally find the program/show or movie of my interest for the day. Blogging is sidelined again as next priority, promising myself to start writing once I'm done watching the show. On the other hand and to be honest this culprit has practically entertained me. It's more animated than the internet as far as my knowledge about the world wide web can stretch. If only I have the generosity of time to watch TV and blog later then the world for me would be perfect.

One thing in my daily routine that is not affected by the onset of this other entertainment medium is reading blogs. I can still manage to check what's new and comment if necessary in my favorite blog site, This Randomness, despite the lack of time.

My structured life here in the Dark Continent has limited my relaxation time to just 3 hours a day---that is after work hours and I have already done my thing---that is when I'm in bed facing the box and later surfing net. If I get so engrossed with the show, that means I have to forego the internet. And at the strike of 9 in the evening that means lights must be switched off and I have to go to sleep, otherwise I will suffer the brunt of drowsiness on the following day if I go over the limit like the couchmen in the fairytale, Cinderella, turning into mice at the strike of 12 midnight.

Yesterday, Good Friday we worked like mad dogs until off time. Today, we only worked half-day. Tomorrow is off and the day after tomorrow is Easter Monday, a holiday. This is a big bonus in blogging. I'll make sure that my friend the wicked TV won't get me on the hook. Probably switch it to CNN and hide the remote control away from my sight. There's no more stopping, no fingers crossed, I must publish a post.

2 comments:

  1. Sleeping at 9? Can't believe it! What time do you wake up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. emarene:
    I wake up at 4 AM, and I don't miss a single waking up at this time, even in off-days. If I'm in Iligan mag panic na ko if the sun is up and I'm still in bed.

    ReplyDelete