Friday, October 23, 2009

D - Disenfranchise



I was thinking of a topic that would best fit for letter "D". Nothing would come to my mind. I took a break, watched TV. It's a movie that I haven't started. The word "disenfranchised" was twice used by the lead actress whose name I don't know. So I thought of picking it as the word for D. As defined by Encarta it means deprive of right, especially voting: to deprive a person or organization of a privilege, immunity, or legal right, especially the right to vote. In the movie it was used to describe a dilapidated house; and the second time was to describe the protagonist's dull and nerdy friends.

As the story unfolded the plot and characters became familiar to me. It's a modern adaptation of Snow White. I researched it and I found out that the title was Sydney White. It's a 2007 movie, quite ancient though. But it didn't matter, what's important I learned a new term.

1 comment:

  1. Here's my photo letter "D"
    http://watchful-me.blogspot.com/2009/10/free-for-all-fridays-d.html

    ReplyDelete